About Yeditepe University Hospital
Founded in 2005 under the aegis of the Istanbul Education and Culture Foundation (İSTEK) and Yeditepe University, the Yeditepe University Healthcare Institutions group is one of the most established and respected multidisciplinary hospital groups in Turkey and the region, treating 30,000 patients annually at 3 hospitals, a health center and Turkey’s first and only private medical faculty and teaching hospital. Our adoption of the latest medical technologies, coupled with an unrivalled expertise in healthcare technology, has made Yeditepe University Healthcare Institutions one of the most advanced comprehensive healthcare groups in Europe. We are also proud to be adding Turkey’s first ‘smart hospital’ to this group in 2016 as the world’s first antimicrobial hospital. As Turkey’s largest foundation university and one of the first academic institutions to be JCIaccredited, Yeditepe University Healthcare Institutions’s General (University) Hospital, Eye Hospital, Dental Hospital, Genetic Diagnostic Centre and Health Centre serve as a guiding force in the sector as well as centers dedicated to the nurturing of qualified personnel.
Yeditepe University Healthcare Institutions’s vision is to be a premier institution in our specialization areas through scientific excellence and quality of service, contribute to the development of medical science by monitoring advanced applications in the international arena, and continue these efforts in the academic environment.
Yeditepe University Healthcare Institutions mission is to be a pioneering, innovative institution that strives always to improve and renew itself; that offers reliable, advanced, patient-centered healthcare; that trains and educates its staff; that puts patients’ and employees’ welfare first; that upholds patient rights and respects the environment.
CENTERS OF EXCELLENCE
Yeditepe University Healthcare Institutions is proud of its record in continually pushing the boundaries of excellence, improving standards in all fields of medical specialization. This continuous process of Best-Practice implementation has given Yeditepe University Healthcare Institutions “Centre of Excellence” status in the following specialization
Cardiology – Adult Heart Diseases
CARDIOLOGY: YEDİTEPE’s ‘HEART TEAM’
The physicians at Yeditepe University Hospital’s Cardiology Department serve international patients using the most advanced methods in their specialty areas as a “Heart Team” dedicated to providing international patients with the most advanced cardiologic diagnostic and treatment techniques. Yeditepe’s Cardiology Department undergoes a process of continuous reviewing and updating of our treatment, diagnostic and interventional methods. Our most critical duty is to follow innovations and to offer our international patients state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment.
Diseases Diagnosed and Treated at our Cardiology Center
- Coronary artery disease (hardening of the arteries)
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Rhythm and conduction disturbances (arrhythmias)
- Heart valve diseases
- Aortic Vascular Diseases
- Peripheral vascular disease (leg artery disease)
- Heart failure
- Congenital heart disease
- High Cholesterol
Technical and Technological Capacities Include:
- Arrhythmia and electrophysiology laboratory
- Coronary angiography and cardiac catheterization laboratory
- Echocardiography Laboratory
- Stress Test ECG (treadmill) exercise laboratory
- Holter rhythm and blood pressure
- Coronary computed tomography
- Cardiac MRI
- Myocardial perfusion scintigraphy (Thallium test) laboratory
Procedures carried out at our Cardiology Center
- Heart disease risk identification and check-ups (advanced cardiac screening program – ‘SHAPE’)
- 2- and 4- dimensional echocardiography and Color Doppler
- Stress echocardiography
- Stress Test ECG exercise testing
- Rhythm Holter (24-48 hour rhythm monitoring)
- Blood Pressure Holter (24-hour blood pressure monitoring)
- Tilt table test (for differential diagnosis of patients with vasovagal syncope-fainting)
- Coronary CT (computed tomography three-dimensional imaging of coronary arteries)
- Coronary calcium scoring
- Myocardial perfusion scintigraphy (Thallium test)
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Coronary angiography and cardiac catheterization
- Balloon angioplasty and stent applications (Medicated stents and biodegradable stents)
- Electro-physiologic examination (for the diagnosis of rhythm and conduction disorders)
- Ablation and pacemaker application (for the treatment of rhythm and conduction disorders)
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy (for the treatment of heart failure)
- Renal denervation (non-medical treatment of resistant hypertension)
- Non-surgical aortic valve replacement or Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
Heart disease is one of the most prevalent diseases in the world – and the most deadly. Therefore, the most effective preventive measure that you can take to avoid future heart disease is to make an appointment with one of our specialist cardiologists to determine your risk factors, and to arrange regular appointments to monitor your cardiac function and condition. This risk calculation uses modern diagnostic methods and does not take long. You should see a cardiologist in the event that any one or more of the following factors apply to you:
- A family (mother, father, sibling, or child) history of heart disease
- High Cholesterol levels
Yeditepe University Hospital uses the most advanced equipment and methods for cardiac screening. Your cardiac functions are monitored using state-of-the-art echocardiography techniques that facilitate 4-dimensional assessment of your heart and heart valves. 3D images are also obtained using coronary CT angiography.
Yeditepe’s Electrophysiology Laboratory uses the most advanced diagnostic and treatment methods. Rhythm and conduction disorders are detected by means of 3D mapping and corrected using a treatment method known as ablation. The pacemakers used to correct heart failure and rhythm-conduction disorders in our patients conform to US and European standards.
Your coronary veins are imaged using the most advanced methods in our Coronary Angiography and Heart Catheterization Laboratory. In the event that stenosis or constriction is detected, the condition is corrected by opening the constriction using balloon angioplasty and stent procedures. Yeditepe University Hospital allows you to take advantage of the very latest in stent applications (medication-eluding stents and biodegradable stents).
Non-surgical aortic valve replacement or Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI), and non-medication-resistant hypertension treatment (Renal Denervation) are some of the very latest applications that are at the service of all international patients at Yeditepe University Hospital.