Hair loss, baldness and alopecia are three terms that refer to the loss of hair from part of the head or body. Hair loss in most cases causes a severe psychological distress as it results in a loss of self-esteem. The causes of hair loss are many including genetics, certain types of medication, radiation therapy or very much stress. Despite the reason, Hair transplant in Istanbul today is an effective solution proven by hundreds of thousands of hair loss patients around the world.
Why Hair Transplant in Istanbul?
In fact, there are many key factors behind Istanbul’s success in the industry of hair transplant. These include:
- Excellent medical care: As an international leading destination in the industry of hair transplant, Istanbul is highly renowned for the first-class medical services it provides. This we can see that clear in its advanced infrastructure, cutting-edge expertise of surgeons, medical equipment and state of art technology. Not to ignore the aspect of competency, Istanbul medical centers and clinics always compete against each other to provide the top medical services possible.
- The strategic location and rich history: the unique location of Istanbul as the bridge between two vital continents (Europe and Asia) has made it easier for medical tourists coming from the west and east to achieve their aspirations in an easier manner. Add to that, the very rich culture and history of Istanbul that come plain in its beautiful views and amazing monuments is another attraction factor for hair transplant visitors as they can explore the beauty of the city while retrieving their own back.
- Advanced Hair Transplant Techniques: In the past, the only technique available for hair transplant was FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant). This technique involves removing the hair from the back and side of scalp (donor area) as a strip consisting of tissues & hairs and separating them before actual transplantation in the bald areas (receiving areas). One major drawback of this technique is the risk of scarring and long recovery period per treatment session. Today however, surgeons can perform hair transplant through more advanced techniques that guarantee accuracy and timeliness. With FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) technique, the procedure involves extracting hair grafts from the donor areas one-by-one using a specialized tool designed for extraction. Later one, the doctor makes very tiny incisions in the receiving areas and places the grafts inside them. This modern technique applied by most of hair transplant clinics in Istanbul has gained a global acceptance as it yields natural results with short recovery time.
- Affordable Costs: coming to one of the vital factors that affects patients’ decision of choosing Istanbul for their hair transplant is the affordable costs. While the cost of a hair transplant procedure exceeds $7000 in the USA and Europe for example, the same procedure (including accommodations and other tour programs) in Istanbul costs as low as $2000. This considerable variation usually drives people to rethink twice before choosing Istanbul for a better hair transplant and tourism experience with lower costs.
Types of Hair Transplant in Istanbul
- Head Hair Transplant for Males and Females: for many reasons, the most demanded type of hair transplant is the one performed in the head. Speaking of women in particular, losing hair from the scalp could be more distressing than it is with men. Usually, men and women suffering hair loss or hair thinning tend to retrieve their natural look through the hair transplant procedure. The natural results of identical hair to the original yielded by this procedure is what motivates those thousands of hair loss patients to pack their luggage towards hair transplant clinics in Istanbul. About the mechanism of the procedure, it involves extracting healthy hair follicles from most baldness-resistant areas of the scalp (sides and back), and transplanting them in bald areas with an angel of 45 degrees to provide a natural appearance.
- Beard & Moustache Hair Transplant: for many men, having that hairy thick beard is of an equal importance to that thick and styled head of hair. For these men, suffering beard hair loss or having no beard at all could cause acute embarrassment. The procedure here is applied following the same mechanism of head hair transplant in which the doctor extracts healthy hair follicles from the donor area of the scalp and transplants them in the beard, moustache or sideburns.
- Eyebrow Hair Transplant: besides their role as a protection to the eyes, eyebrows play some other prominent facial roles such as accentuating beauty, shaping the face and supporting communication. Of course, not everyone is born with the desired thick eyebrows, but luckily, the solution today is easier than ever before with eyebrows hair transplant.
How to Find the Best Hair Transplant Surgeon in Istanbul
In a leading city like Istanbul, the challenge of finding the best surgeon whom you can trust with returning your original beauty is more difficult. That is because in a very rich and well-known market like that of hair transplant in Istanbul, there appears some unacceptable practices of clinics abusing the popularity of the city by functioning on a commercial basis rather than a medical one. Such clinics are famous for spending so much on their commercial campaigns in order to attract more patients with less or no consideration for the professional ethics of this medical career.
Regarding this issue, hair transplant experts always recommend applying a set of criteria in order to find the best and trusted surgeon. For that, you may consider the following points:
- Expertise and Experience: a trusted hair transplant surgeon is the one possessing the required expertise and long years of hands on experience in this field. One way to determine that is through examining the reputation of the surgeon amongst his previous patients. Usually, excellent clinics keep a record of all patients’ contact details for this exact purpose. Similarly, you may seek visual proofs of photos and videos by which you can compare the case and post results. In addition, you can seek to see the surgeon’s certifications and recognition credentials if there are any.
- Authorization of Clinic: the emergence of unauthorized clinics that abuse the popularity of Istanbul in hair transplant has affected the market negatively. Unfortunately, these clinics usually perform within an unhealthy environment and lack the qualified staff. So again, we recommend you to dig your careful research before choosing your clinic in order to ensure receiving the best experience with the best surgeon.