How Much does hair transplant cost in Turkey? What’s the average cost? Why do prices vary so much?
If you are reading this article, chances are you are interested in a hair transplant and probably particularly in Turkey, but you don’t know where to start.
When it comes to cost of hair transplant in Turkey, you will hear a very wide range of prices and offers that will confuse your brain for real! As an institution that has been deeply involved in this industry for the last eight years, we feel like we have a responsibility to share with you all what really goes on; what influences the hair transplant cost in Turkey and hopefully make it easier for you to decide on where to have your hair transplant in Turkey performed.
Types of hair transplant clinics in Turkey
In Turkey there are two types of hair transplant clinics: The first type is established clinics who have been practicing hair transplant for at least a couple decades with reputable staff and high patient satisfaction rates. These clinics, though fierce competition in the last few years forced them to lower their prices a little, they tend to be on the higher end of the cost spectrum. They also tend not to engage in aggressive marketing campaigns so much.
The second category are clinics who have multiplied exceedingly all over Turkey in the last two to three years, yet they claim they have been in business for years. These centers have one direction and one goal and it’s commercial. They usually lower their prices to the bottom by performing tens of operations per day which comes over quality and accuracy. Their MO involve flooding browsers with their paid ads and digital campaigns that follow you everywhere on the web as soon as you have searched for anything that has to do with hair transplant once. And these centers have them running virtually all the time.!!
In brief, our advice is to stay away from clinics in category two and go for the reputable trusted ones in the first type
Now the question remains what is a fair price for a hair transplant in Turkey?
There are many factors that affect the price of hair transplant in Turkey:
- Hair Transplant method used
- Number of grafts
- Qualifications of the medical team
- Where the operation is taking place (multi-specialty hospital, University hospital, clinic, doctor’s office.)
- The extra services provided (accommodation, transfer, interpretation)
Having mentioned all these factors, hair transplant cost in Turkey can range from just $0.4 per grafts all the way to doctors that charge $4 per graft. When you add it up a 3500-graft hair transplant could cost you from $1400 to $15000. So, as you can see there is quite a range there. And from a logical point of view, this discrepancy does tell a lot. You can never receive a high-quality medical service from those charging $1400 for the whole all-inclusive operation!! We have witnessed that prices below $1900 resulted in a poor hair transplant. And such clinics tend to perform more than eight to ten operations per day to compensate for the low prices. which means the specific team who may work on your case will perform around 3 interventions in the same day. This will end up in bad work on your case, if not mistakes! Quantity over quality.
To conclude, avoid clinics charging less than $2000!! Clinics ranging between $2000 — $3000 are in the normal safe deal
Cost of Hair Transplant in Istanbul:
Istanbul is one of the most important tourist destinations in Turkey and it has the largest number of medical institutions in general and actually hair transplant clinics in particular. Istanbul alone has over 350 hair transplant clinics and centers. Therefore, it’s important to look at the price ranges and services provided in arguably the top destination of hair transplant in the world.
The most frequently asked question is: How much does hair transplant cost in Istanbul? The answer requires a review of the approximate average prices of hair transplantation in various techniques are as follows:
- The average cost of FUE hair transplant in Istanbul is $2000
- The average cost of FUT hair transplantation ranges from $2500 to $3500
- The average hair transplant with Direct Hair Implantation (DHI or Choi Pen) ranges from $2500 to $4000
- Approximate average of one session of plasma injections (PRP) is between $100 to $270 and the total cost is determined by the number of sessions the patient needs to undergo to reach the result.
Is hair transplant in Turkey safe? Should I worry about cheap hair transplant prices in Turkey?
The ferocious competition that exists among hair transplant clinics in Turkey and the continuous exponential increase in demand from all over the world can be a blessing and a curse.
It can be a blessing because competition makes clinics trying to exceed each other’s quality of medical services and lower the cost as much as possible. However, there is only so low a price can get before it starts to seem suspicious and unsafe. This is precisely what happens with a lot of these centers. They hire cheap and unqualified medical staff, lower the cost on them as much as possible on the expense of safety and sterilization measures. Having said that, good quality for good prices does exist in hair transplant in Turkey, if you choose carefully.
To sum up regarding hair transplant price in Turkey, we can say a cheap and safe hair transplant clinic in turkey will not cost less than $1900 in best cases. Prices below that will be over the quality
How to find cheap but safe hair transplant in Turkey?
There is a sweet spot where a hair transplant in Turkey could be the best deal of your life, especially if you come from places where it costs between $5.000 and $25.000 like the United States, Canada and Europe. We recommend you
- Never go to the cheapest offers because that is generally indicative of the quality provided
- Read reviews from neutral medical websites and message the person who left the review to ask further questions
- Search medical ranking websites, there are some exclusively for hair transplant in Turkey
- Ask about the technique used and make sure it’s the right one for you
- We believe that $2000 to $3000 is currently the fair range in the market depending on your case
- Contact clinics and ask where the operations are performed, make sure sterilization guidelines are respected and the intervention takes place inside a hospital
- Inquire about certifications and accreditation of the hospital
- Ask about the postoperative follow-up, and make sure you will be able to get attention after the operation.
- Find out what extra-medical services are provided (type of accommodation, meals, ground transportation, post-operative care kit, translation and interpretation, touristic programs, etc.)
If you have gone through this checklist and you are still unsure about how to choose the best cost of hair transplant in Turkey at the best clinic; Or if you are unsatisfied with the price. Contact us at 10Clinics.com and we will be more than happy to assist you in making the right decision for you, and for FREE:)